Monday, January 09, 2012

Day 9 (Additional) Night Photography


It rained the night before, just when the moon was full. But last night the skies were clear and my son and I took the opportunity to take some night shots.


Moon Shot
Canon EOS 550D
1/500 sec., f/14
ISO 400
135mm focal length

Top:  The moon was so bright. Cropped from 18mp to 1200x800.


Taking a Shot at the Moon
Canon EOS 550D
1/40 sec., f/5.7
ISO 400
64mm focal length

Second: My son, Kenneth taking a shot of the moon. He uses a Nikon D80, with a 70mm-300mm lens. Yup, he uses a Nikon and I use a Canon. He also has more lenses, courtesy of my brothers who use Nikon D90s.


Night Clouds
10 sec, f/3.5
ISO 400
19mm focal length

Third: Night clouds. This was tricky and I don't think it worked out well enough.

3 comments:

fruityoaty said...

WOW! Your camera must have an awesome zoom lens... Did you use a tripod to capture that? No lens shake... Very clear pic.

Andoy Castellano said...

Come to think of it, no. I just use what's available. I only have one lens. My son, on the other hand has about 5 lenses, I think, for his Nikon.
Kenneth and I lied down on our backs in the middle of the street when we took the moon shots. Full zoom, and a fast shutter speed, not to wide aperture (or lens opening). If you have a camera which allows manual settings, you can use that as well. I had to crop it to about 1/16th the size of the original.
And that is the reason I like cameras with more pixels: so I can crop them later on.

Andoy Castellano said...

I really appreciate your comments. Thanks.