Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Day 18 - Old Train Station

2012 366 Days 366+ Pics Project



Day 18 - Old Train Station
Canon EOS 550D
1/160 sec. exposure, f/11 aperture
ISO 200, 18mm focal length

I haven't asked around but it's my guess that this was formerly the Guiguinto Train Station. The old train track is to the right of the structure, and is also where the North Rail (Manila to Clark rapid transit) will pass through. The tracks have been removed and soon the elevated train will start construction here. I'm not sure where the new train station will be situated.

What I really want to do is to shoot this structure with either the morning sun shining from the right, or a light painting. I doubt if I can accomplish the light painting as this is very near the road, with relatively heavy traffic. Even if there was a blackout, the place would still be bright.

For inner Sherlock, those are ipil-ipil trees growing from the cracks between the bricks. Ipil-ipil is a fast growing tree and those trees are maybe a year or two years old.

1 comment:

fruityoaty said...

I imagine that place would look creepier at night. Because it looks somewhat creepy during daytime... Umm, yeah.

- Massa P aka fruityoaty
http://fruityoaty.com/