Tuesday, May 09, 2006

(poem) Hall of Mirrors, Andoy Castellano, 9 May 2006

Hall of Mirrors
Andoy Castellano, 9 May 2006

Closing my eyes in a hall of mirrors
images leap out, alive, pictures
that grab my consciousness, pulsing and throbbing

I turn round seeing no corners but curves
seamlessly flowing one into another one atop the other,
erecting, building up to an avalanche of memories
silent, then swelling to a cacophony
on layered screens, gossamer projections
of snapshots, trailers and full-length features

Like waves on a pond these keep coming and coming back
Volumes upon volumes beyond cataloguing, sorting or indexing
out of senseless reach of the here and now
the past catches up and I am back to the then and there

Sleep does not stop the torrent, it haunts my dreams
reliving each and all the accumulated moments
I find myself immersed, surrounded in the mimetic deluge
My moans, whimpers, grunts and screams wake me
shaking and twitching, warm, hot, sweaty, wet

With open eyes I touch the mirrors
fingers on the glass tracing my shadow and all my desires

--
--andoy
9 May 2006

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

nice poem,...one nitpick though, i think there are no waves in a pond. ripples maybe...just my two cents. Glad to see you seriously writing again. TC!

Cielo said...

Those must be some pretty strong memories you have.