Thursday, December 09, 2004

Walking Around The Oval II

There was one instance when there was a typhoon which hit the country. It was already Signal No. 3 and there were still classes because somebody forgot to tell the students and teachers. Anyway, the students were just living within the campus so there was no need to tell them that classes were suspended. After the suspension of classes was confirmed, there were no jeeps plying the campus anyway so everyone had to walk. There were no jeeps because there were no passengers to begin with, and there were trees which have already fallen and blocked the streets.

Having nothing to do, me and my friends walked around the oval just for the heck of it. It was not everyday that you were walking around campus in the middle of a storm, with branches falling from trees to the streets and sidewalks. Cheap thrills, really.

After 20 years, I don't remember what we discussed. I do know that one of those I was perambulating with was Rach. It was a crazy afternoon, we were all wet, the dorms had no running water, and no electricity on campus. She was taunting me because even if she was wearing a jacket, her t-shirt was drenched. She would open her jacket and show her wet t-shirt, "Andoy, look."

After 20 years, I forget if I did look or not. I guess I did not, because if I did I would have remembered.

--andoy

No comments: