Monday, July 18, 2005

[Share] Shade of Black, 7/16/05

Lightscapes: [POEM] Shade of Black, 7/16/05

Shade of Black
Mitz, 7/16/05

The phone rings
and the night bleeds, cut
by the sharpness of noise.
My ear, cold against
the receiver, deciphers
burning decibels:
"You've hurt me so much,"
over thin wires connecting
kilometers of pain.
"This is the second time
you've broken a promise."
Heartbeats become deafening throbs
in the ensuing stillness,
pale as withered moonlight.
"You've broken me,"he says,
"I've once believed
we have the same ideals.
You have changed."
Tears are invisible
in the shadows,
save for the errant drop
that catches moonlight,
gleaming like the last
ember of hope.
"Remember my promise
to marry you next year?
Guess what? You're right.
People do change."
The night, the oppresive darkness,
turns a darker shade
of black.

-=0=-

This is a poem by Michelle Lanuza. A good friend though we've only seen each other face-to-face twice.

--andoy
19 July 2005

No comments: