Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Poems

I wrote my first poem in Grade 4 as a seatwork. And during the 1980's I really started to write a whole lot of poems. And then I practically stopped writing poems after I got married in 1988. It tricked down to nothing during the 1990's.

I still have most of the original notebooks of my poems. And after browsing these poems with hindsight of 20 years, there are some which I cannot understand. For the likes of me I could not see the imagery nor the play of words. They do not mean anything to me anymore.

There are several poems though which stand out and look new. These may have meant something then, and I may not remember the original meaning, however, these poems have a possibly different meaning to me now.

After all these years I am still trying to find meaning in these poems I wrote so many years ago.

--andoy

No comments: