Friday, November 05, 2004

Archery Practice

Baker Hall III

One of those lazy afternoons I joined a friend of mine shoot some arrows. He taught me how to notch the arrow, and position my arm (and elbow) so'd the string would not scrape my skin. Archery is not a trivial sport. It asks the archer to pay attention to details, at the very beginning when you first hold the bow. Archery teaches an object lesson in life. Hold tight, draw tight, turn your elbow tight, and let go. You don't hold tight, the bow bounces back to you. You don't draw tight, the arrow will not fly. You don't turn your elbow in, you get your skin scraped.

And then there's the level of difficulty in archery at UPLB: it's at the second floor (or balcony) of Baker Hall. If the arrow does strays it either flies out the window to the outdoor basketball court, or it strays to the indoor basketball court on the first floor.

I was too busy concentrating on my elbow, not to notice my score. Good thing that the arrows hit the target. No bull's eye though, just safely hitting the target without incident is enough for me.

I never did go back and shoot any more arrows with my friend.

--andoy

No comments: