Monday, January 26, 2009

Naruto Shippuuden 93: Hindi Mayabang!

I have been watching Naruto for several years now. I first heard about it in 2004, the summer before I started my personal blogs, when a colleague and fellow call center agent brought some VCDs of the series. I didn't watch it then. But I did get hooked later when my brother introduced me to the series.

It's a good story, and more engaging than the normal, growth and development of the usual anime of the ugly duckling/underdog/asshole main character in an environment where he is surrounded by cool bishounen colleagues (and villains), trainers, supporters and naysayers. The usual problem in animation and crops up, where the drawing sometimes suffers. There are the usual reasons of deadlines and change in artists and crew. But Naruto, the series has suffered more specially after the 140th episode of the original series.

In Naruto Shippuuden, the story picks up after several years of training away from the village. And the drawings a lot more consistent. But the latest episode I saw, had the artists flexing their muscles. Hindi mayabang ang dating. Some stills from one scene:


From Naruto


From Naruto


From Naruto


From Naruto



I'm looking forward to more surprises from the artists.

--Andoy
26 January 2009

No comments: