Monday, June 13, 2005

Photo Shoot

I volunteered for a nude photo session yesterday. It was a different experience. I think I was lucky that there were practically no other persons around waiting to be photographed. Actually there was this couple (from Bulacan, I think) who finished before I came to the studio. And then there were these two girls in their early-twenties or late teens. Pretty they were, in a cookie-cutter way; they looked like and dressed like a whole lot of girls their age. Tall and thin, which is the current fashion, the art center aide told me later that these two girls were regular nude models for the center.

I had no logical reason why I went to have my picture taken. Only that it would be several new experiences: this is the first time a professional fashion photographer would be taking my pictures; the pictures will be part of a photo exhibit to be shown in various venues in Europe and Asia; and the pictures were taken in the nude.

The photographer is Marlon Despues. And the exhibit is entitled "1000 Nudes." This will be shown in February at the Instituto Cervantes. The shoot was at Art Informal, along Connecticut Street in Greenhills, almost across Red Ribbon.

When it was my turn to be photographed, marlon told me that I can choose to be in any degree of nakedness I am comfortable with. I started out wearing boxers, but before the photos were taken, I decided to just not wear the boxers.

Twelve shots were taken. Of the twelve shots, I was asked to choose three which would be for exhibition. And of the three, Marlon would choose which to include in the exhibit. The other two would be held in reserve for possible inclusion in other exhibits, if any.

The pictures and poses were not erotic in any way. (hahaha That's a laugh; erotic! ha!) I tried to be cool and relaxed about it. It was free form in expression, and in an almost paradoxical and funny way, it was mainly light, shadow, and musculature. The funny part is that I have been sedentary the past few years, and I really lack exercise, so I am (relatively) thin, with a tummy, and flabby. This body is very funny. Though I wasn't wearing anything, there was only one shot which showed my penis. And it was a very shy thing, too. And, no, I didn't choose that one.

And no face shot either. Cool. Way, way cool.

--andoy
14 June 2005

2 comments:

Segundo Persona said...

hehe. astig.

Andoy Castellano said...

punta ka kasi dito pakuha ka rin... marami na ring nagpakuha ng litrato, gaya ni kiko, ergoe, kath, jojo, jardine/dave at andrea, rhodge, etc.

sama ka na.